Simple Steps to Create a Fund
The following four simple steps will allow your client to join hundreds of other donors who have created funds at the Ashland County Community Foundation:
- Define your client's charitable intent...
- Does your client want family members involved, now and/or in the future?
- Does your client want to select the charitable organizations that will receive grants from the newly-created fund, or will the use of its annual distribution be unrestricted?
- How much does your client wish to allocate to charitable contributions?
- Contact Jim Cutright, Executive Director at ACCF, to discuss fund options that best suit your client's charitable interests and community needs.
- Determine which asset and ACCF giving instrument your client will use to create the fund, evaluating the options of lifetime income versus planned giving assets... or a combination of the two.
- Select a name for your client's fund. Many times the donor chooses a family name or a name that honors or memorializes a loved one. Or perhaps a company name. Your client chooses.